Friday, March 17, 2017

15FEB17: Thailand Day 0.5 - Sampran Riverside

Sampran Riverside is a sprawling 70 acre resort on the outskirts of Bangkok.  Here is a link:  http://sampranriverside.com/.

It is really beautiful and when we arrived at around 1500, I was glad that Rick had set aside time to bird.  We checked in and got right back out onto the grounds.  We birded.  It was awesome.  Coppersmith and Lineated Barbet, Ashy Drongo, sunbirds, Asian Koel, oh my!


Asian Koel
Ashy Drongo
The central lands of Thailand are low and subsequently went.  The Tha Chin River is a major feature of this area and the resort bordered on it.  We made our way down to the river towards dusk.  We stood on this platform with the water and vegetation going past us.  It was weird and made me a little motion sick.


Towards dusk, Rick spots a bird flying cross river and yells Cinnamon Bittern!  Oh, I think I am loving Thailand...

Cinnamon Bittern - Record Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bueng Boraphet - The Crown Jewel of Thailand Marshbirding

If I had to bird in one spot for the rest of my life it would be here at Thailand’s largest natural freshwater lake.   In my nine trips...