Sunday, March 19, 2017

15FEB17: Thailand 0.5 - Dinner at the Pae Poh Kaew

After a fun afternoon of birding at the Sampran Resort, we headed into the resort to freshen up and go to dinner.  Nok's sister Nui, her husband Noy, and children met us in the hotel room.  Nui was a real sweet heart.  We piled into the Fortuner, nine of us, and headed out to eat.



Pae Poh Kaew is located on the Tha Chin River, upstream from the resort.  It was a nice affair with a good breeze and great company.  We were sitting there and I could of sworn I heard something familiar.  It was.  Across the river, there was a function going on and the music was "Heart of Gold" by Neil Young.  It was surreal.




I ordered some seafood soup (Tom Yum) and rice.  Note to newb travelers like me, when going to Thailand, when you order any chicken, fish, etc, it is cut up into small pieces - bones and all.  Good thing to know.  Now comes the wonderful Nok factor.  She saw that I liked chicken and we had talked about eating oysters.  So what happens next?  Nok pulls out this half fried chicken from a bag, some other kinds of Thai specialties, and has the waiter bring me a giant iced bowl of raw oysters!  

Tomorrow, Mangrove Research Station!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bueng Boraphet - The Crown Jewel of Thailand Marshbirding

If I had to bird in one spot for the rest of my life it would be here at Thailand’s largest natural freshwater lake.   In my nine trips...